Door speakers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 13th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE
Door speakers

What size are the door speakers in a defender? I know that the battery compartment is under the drivers seat ( right?), is there another compartment that I can put an amp in under the passengers?

Old October 13th, 2012, 02:57 AM
97 Defender 90
I put 6.5 kickers all the way around with an alpine deck. I had to trim the door slots so they are prob 5.25 I would guess stock. There was a factory amp under the seat I had to jumper around and you could fit an amp in there.

Old October 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
rob grentz
1994 defender 90
I also have an Aline deck and it gets occasionally rained on and snow covered (when I forget to put the top on and also leave the radio compartment door open...... and that thing takes a beating they usually last me about 5/6 years but the nice thing is that alpine hasn't changed the plug in the back of the unit (I have had different units work wiht out changing the plug) so when one does bite the dust I just pull it out unplug it and slide the new one in

------ Follow up post added October 13th, 2012 10:58 AM ------

I also have a powered marine bazooka tube right behind the seats It is just bungee corded in so i can easily remove if I have to use the cargo area and it sounds great without the to at the top speed of 70ish

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

door, speakers