Door Options - LOCKED OUT! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 16th, 2016, 09:30 PM
RAKinsler
Robert Kinsler
1986 Defender 110 RHD Diesel

Door Options - LOCKED OUT!

First thing first. I somehow locked myself out of my drivers door. I pushed the lock pin down with my arm while driving, went to open it and the door handle made some poping sound. Now I am un able to unlock it from the push / pull pin OR the key on the outside. YIKES!

I can get in / out from the passenger but it seriously is not fun. ha. With the door locked shut I can't get the door panel off without doing damage.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also... on doors in general, I've searched through the forum on this put can't put all the various pieces together... there seems to be lots of variations.

I have lift hand doors & roll up windows. I prefer the lift handle over the push button and want to stick with them. If I want to replace the doors (and stay lift handle) are there any options for new? I couldn't seem to find any reproductions, etc for lift handle door frames - they are all push handle .

If that is the case I'll likely repair the doors I have (there is some rust on the bottoms). If I go that route, are there new door cards being made for this style of door so that I can at least spruce up the inside?
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Yorkie
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90

Registry
Funnily enough I just came across this thread

Brand New Defender Series Style 2 Piece Front Door Kit - Defender Source
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:05 PM
RAKinsler
Robert Kinsler

Yea, I found that one too. That one is for sliding windows. I have roll ups. Would be an interesting conversion... ha
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2016, 10:06 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Borrow door from friend. Unbolt existing door. Bolt up borrowed door. Access to panel much improved!
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:15 PM
RAKinsler
Robert Kinsler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Borrow door from friend. Unbolt existing door. Bolt up borrowed door. Access to panel much improved!
Brillant! I may be taking my door off tomorrow. Will I be able to get it back on?! WHO KNOWS!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door