Door hinge screw replacements - guidance - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 20th, 2004, 05:09 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Door hinge screw replacements - guidance

I need to replace my door hinge screws. I pulled the below off E-bay. Does anyone know if these fit a 1994 NAS D-90? Are the US Defender screw metric or not ? This is to confusing for simple minded folk like me. Just want to drive and rust away...

FROM E-BAY
Land Rover Defender 90 replacement Stainless Screws

Bonnet
Driver / Passenger Door
Rear Door
Offered here is a kit consisting of all metric stainless fasteners required to replace rusted torx-headed hinge screws on your Landy (1998 on-).

Please note that this item will fit pre-1998 and Series Land Rovers provided that the door post J-Nuts are replaced with metric J-Nuts, also available in my Ebay Shop . You will require 8 J-nuts, and 4 captive double nut plates, although the latter can be omitted and replaced with the supplied nyloc nuts.

All fasteners here are hex socket which require an allen key to tighten. Rear door screws - choice of Socket Button or Pozi Pan (as per originals) heads, please specify after auction ends.

Stainless nyloc nuts are supplied for additional security, and washers.

UK P+P is £2.50 , overseas £7.00

Considerable effort has been made to ensure that the fasteners are of the correct head diameter to fit the recesses of the hinges. You cannot buy these items off the shelf, as they won't fit!

Original Land Rover J-nuts and 2x captive nut plates also available in my Ebay Shop as well as Rear Door Pozi Screws and LR110 hinge screw kits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2004, 10:59 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way, there is a bolt substitution table.

http://www.defendersource.com/tech/part_sub.html
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:45 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Thanks,
just what I needed.

And I will not ask why the bulk vs driver door screws are 1.5' vs 2.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2004, 08:39 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

DON'T!!!!

Just put some paint and then clear grease on the heads. It is a PITA job.

Ron
Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:51 AM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

You will definitely need to replace the 'J-Nuts or captive 'Cage Nuts' in the bulkhead door pillar for metric replacements. Chances are when you attempt to remove the bolts from the door pillar they'll refuse to budge, meaning you'll end up drilling the heads off athe bolts anyway. Bottom bolts that attract all the crap tend to be the worst. With the bolts siezed in the cage nuts, you'll need new cage nuts anyhow. Reason kits are metric is you cannot get hold of the correct 'imperial' cage nuts anymore.

An alternative SS bolt kit at: http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Stainless_...Bolt_Sets.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, door