Door Hinge Options... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 4th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5
Question Door Hinge Options...

I'm getting to the point of needing to do somthing with the rusty door hinges on my 94 D90. I remember seeing somewhere (how many times have we heard that one??!!) about a new style hinge kit. It has a plastic insert with the hinge pin, to prevent the metal on metal friction, which in turn, causes the rust.

Anyone have any solutions?

Old February 4th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

The hinges to which you refer are standard LR parts from the latest generation of Defenders. Post Tdi.
Sorry no part number but I'm sure someone will be along here shortly with the info.

ECR have a page on their site ref these hinges.

Note they cost more than the older style hinge, so you may want to weigh up whether its worth paying the extra.

Old February 4th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110
You could go even more expensive and get a set of stainless steel. There are several suppliers in the UK.
Bike Mike

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions