Door card clip grief - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 31st, 2013, 06:33 PM
Green Blood
Carl Phillips
1988 90- Swiss LHD 2.5 Petrol
Door card clip grief

Okay, this might seem silly but how in the world does one attach the retainer clips to the door card? And just in case you're thinking I'm a bit thick (which I might be), I realize they need to somehow go into the little slots with the two holes (one larger, one smaller) but I just can't seem to figure out how.

This is like some kind of Chinese puzzle (or rather British.) I've tried sliding them in the slots every way I can think of and pushed and twisted to the point of nearly breaking and still can't figure it. This just should not be this difficult.

Which is making me wonder if the clips Rover's North sent are the correct parts but I'm checked with a couple different sources and they appear to be the right ones.

Would anybody have a close-up photo of their door cars with the clips attached they could share? I need to see just how the clip is inserted.

Appreciate any help anyone can pass along.

Proud restorer and former owner of '94 NAS D90 #590- back in the hands of its original owners.

And now happy owner of a 1988 Swiss-Market D90 Station Wagon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions