Doggie side nets - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Doggie side nets

My dogs have a bad habit of wanting to jump from a moving truck...bad for their health!

So a gave raingler a call about some nets, alas they did not have anything for a 2 door 110 without being a new custom piece. The pricing was a little more than i wanted to pay as well.

I did some research into the nets i used to see on C17s in the airforce but they were hard to find and the spacing on the webbing is 10inches.

I stumbled across "loadtamer" nets...a fused style netting for holding things down. Gave them a call and ordered up some of the 2in square material cut to size.

I rivited on some small alloy hooks for the base of the netting, the ops got zipties and the sides velcro strapping.

job done $200 bucks, looks at home on my truck...she isnt a beauty queen. sorry for the crappy pics, i can take some better ones in the daytime, this weekend on the way to the dog park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120502_200107.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	51035  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Devise some type of a hold down & put them on a short leash (may have to make it) short enough so they cant "hang" themselves overboard. I have a SW 90 and to leash mine I hook the leash handle over the tow ball & close the door. Keeps the dog from coming forward in the cabin, but allows her to walk around in the back somewhat. Now if I could just train her to keep her nose off the glass.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis
Devise some type of a hold down & put them on a short leash (may have to make it) short enough so they cant "hang" themselves overboard. I have a SW 90 and to leash mine I hook the leash handle over the tow ball & close the door. Keeps the dog from coming forward in the cabin, but allows her to walk around in the back somewhat. Now if I could just train her to keep her nose off the glass.
I use a skinny ratcheting strap and wrap it around the diagonal portion of the cage, and then put a portion of it through top-most section of my dog's harness collar (the kind that goes around their chests) then slacken the line enough so that he can also sleep right behind the cubby (his spot) without much tension trying to hold him up. He can also run from one side of the truck to the other, and is tied in if I could get my brakes to actually stop short. Works well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

its already done ! dont need leashes anymore. My pups were tangling themselves constantly together.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Looks good!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dog