Does STC1856 replace ignition module? or just move it? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 17th, 2006, 08:08 AM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

Does STC1856 replace ignition module? or just move it?

I am having problem with idle, it was searching up and down. Replaced stepper motor and now once the vehicle is hot it will not hold idle at all. (it cuts off)
I have a 94 and the ignition module has not been moved. I was thinking that's one more thing to check off the list. (I don't mind replacing/upgrading along the way if it helps later)

Does the STC1856 only move the module? or is it a new one??
If it is "broken" I wonder if moving it will help?? or is it just tired of being cooked and moving it will keep it cool?

If the relo kit is about $250 and I may need a new module then should I just get an MSD box and new distributor and rule out some other problems???

I wonder how likely the ignition module is my problem.

My mechanic thinks the air intake gasket/seal are leaking once the vehicle is hot??? (just be a phone call, he has not seen it) but that gets to be a pricy fix.

Thanks for any ideas

Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, mod