Do I have a trailer wire harness or not!! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 7th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Mazen Fawaz
97' D90 SW, Arles Blue
Do I have a trailer wire harness or not!!

Having read the precious posts on this subject, I have not come to any conclusion.

Some trucks do, and some don't??

Or maybe I just can't find it? I have a 97' hardtop.

any help?

97' D-90 SW
Arles Blue
Old April 7th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
Did you see this ?

It should be right behind the PS rear tire kind of under the gas filler.

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE
The round connector is located in the wheel well as Mike said. You can buy from LR a "harness"; basically a mating connector that plugs into the connector, with individual wires coming out of it. Overpriced (until you realize it's probably hand-built with European union labor, and not some Asian high-volume mass-produced thing), but it'll save you from splicing into the brake/turn signal wires in an area that gets alot of dirt and mud.

For U.S. trailers, you'll then need to get (cheap, from just about any auto parts store), a converter that combines the separate brake/stop signals from the D-90 into a single signal for each side.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions