Distributor Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 17th, 2011, 08:55 PM
usadventureracing
Brett

Distributor Question

I went to replace the cap and rotor and the old rotor was a little tough to get out and when I replaced it with the new ones the cap does not seat all the way. The old cap and rotor do not seat all the way either, any suggestions on what happened? Thanks, Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM
LRover
J. Michael McCaig
D90 ST, LR110, Series IIa, RRC

If you pull too hard on the rotor while trying to remove it, the distributor shaft can become mis-aligned. If this is the case with your distributor, I am not sure what the remedy is other than rebuilding it. Maybe someone else here has figured out a quick fix. For future reference, it is better to take a chisel and break the old rotor to remove it than pull upwards with force.
Old March 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by usadventureracing View Post
I went to replace the cap and rotor and the old rotor was a little tough to get out and when I replaced it with the new ones the cap does not seat all the way. The old cap and rotor do not seat all the way either, any suggestions on what happened? Thanks, Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRover View Post
If you pull too hard on the rotor while trying to remove it, the distributor shaft can become mis-aligned. If this is the case with your distributor, I am not sure what the remedy is other than rebuilding it. Maybe someone else here has figured out a quick fix. For future reference, it is better to take a chisel and break the old rotor to remove it than pull upwards with force.
when you install the new rotor use a little dielectric grease to prevent future hang up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM
usadventureracing
Brett

Fix it, had to pull the distributor as the springs on the counter weights were off. Took it apart, installed and timed, she runs like a top now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
distributor