Dislocation cones and OME Heavy spring issues - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 14th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Whiesel View Post
Would seem that a longer spring, which may need to be lighter duty or progressive, to maintain you ride height under compression and keep your suspension under control.
If you find a longer spring, let us know the manufacturer and part number!

Old February 18th, 2016, 08:22 AM
1998 Camel Trophy Defender 110 CT25
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
Zack, I know exactly what you mean with the 2 different types, only ones I have been able to find so far are the bottom mount type.

Possibly these Front Dislocation Cones for Defender, Discovery 1 and Range Rover Classic models

Just looking at the scale (width of ring compared with the diameter) they mat be the top mount. I'm going to contact them and see if I hear back.

Problem being none of the parts listings anywhere specify top or bottom mount, tough to tell just by looking at the pages.
Do you have access to a welder, or do you know anyone that has some fabrication skills? I ask because you could modify the ones you have pretty easily by cutting off the existing cone then simply removing a section out of the cone, narrow the circle (or simply fab up a new cone piece to fit), then weld it back onto the base.

Old February 18th, 2016, 08:29 AM
300Tdi 95 D1
Originally Posted by rlynch356 View Post
timely thread.. i was going to order a set of TF501's to go with OME HD front springs and +2 fox shocks...

will these have the same problem.. (i think so)
We have the style that drops in from the top in stock, should you choose that route

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions