Disco Power Lock Malfunction - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

Disco Power Lock Malfunction

Does anyone have experience with failing power door locks in a Discovery II? In this case, all will lock at speed, but the rear passenger and cargo door don't respond to the switch or remote. I've searched and only see something about resetting the BCU by turning on the ignition but not starting the vehicle.

Sorry for the disco post...
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

In the D2 the door latch actuators are part of the latch. I have been seeing many failures lately with the symptoms that you describe. In all cases, replacing the latch has fixed the problem.
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

Many thanks Rob.
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2009, 11:47 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I lost 3 in a year, they're crap and none of the ones I got from a local wrecker worked at all. This is one of the items there probably should be a class-action about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

Roadside was right. Actuators were the culprit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
disco