Disco 200Tdi belt options - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 22nd, 2016, 09:54 AM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

Disco 200Tdi belt options

First trip on the highway and my belt broke.

Anyone know of any comparable belts that could spare the rise of shame on a flatbed home?

Sitting on 395 shoulder now.

Thanks.

------ Follow up post added March 22nd, 2016 09:59 AM ------

Home is only 3 miles so I guess I could use panty hose if I had some. I think I saw Macgyver do that once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Just spoke with Neil and he may have found a belt that will get him home.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:24 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
oh man...sorry neil. Hope you found something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2016, 12:01 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

All good. Napa belt XL 25 9400.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 12:28 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
You are the biggest boy scout "be prepared" type I know. Surprised you ventured out without spares aboard.
When is our Uncle sending you down here, next month ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 02:03 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

10 days before I go to DC, so Rover prep is PRI ONE.

Thought I had a leaky turbo based on some oil spray on the windshield after a friend arrived with the belt from Napa and I drove home. Saw some oil seeping out of the top hose from the intercooler to the inlet plenum. I pulled the turbo outlet hose and it was dry as a bone. Intercooler pipes are all new, but the intercooler is used. Must be residual swarf. Time to soak the intercooler.

I had my friend follow me back and he reported that the truck is dog tracking. We re-measured the driveway alignment and I was off by 1/4" so we adjusted that and went back on the road. Still dog tracking. We measured hub to hub on both sides and it was off. Can't remember exactly how much, but it was approximately 1/8".

Dropped the truck off at an alignment shop. They had their tech come out and we crawled around. He's putting it on the lift now while I do some research and see if the service manual has any info on alignment. He wants the service manual on .pdf, so I will be heading back there shortly.

I couldn't get the EGTs to 1000F on the highway even up an incline. I still think my IP isn't spot on. I do like the Auber dual channel instrument though. I'll take a video of it from a stop as I go through the gears and post later.

Wing arrived from Texas today - Thanks Victor - so going to sort that out and make it look like an ExMOD wing.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
The only think that is adjustable is toe. It should be slightly out. You can set it with a tape measurer.

If anything else is out, something is bent.

1000 F? Turn up the juice!! The only numbers that matter are at sustained full throttle and it will vary with rpm. You need to find a hill that you can slowly accelerate from 2000 rpm to redline (if possible) over many minutes.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions