dirty coolant - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 16th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Hollywood
alex howell
94 d90

dirty coolant

Started my truck today, and smoke was coming from the rear right side of the engine, and from the right air scoop. It was a dirty white color, smelled dirty, but I could not guess what it smelled like. I could not pin point the location.

I checked all my fluids, which were at normal levels. My colant has black and white liquid specs floating on the top. Truck has been parked for 3 weeks, over cardboard, no dripping.

My tuck has 70,000 miles, only 6,000 in the 3 yrs Ive owned it. I have it serviced regularly.

Any ideas what is goining on. I have LIMITED mechanical knowledge and was thinking oil cooler lines, engine rebuild (head gaskets were done at 56,000), or both.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2006, 03:30 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

If you can get it to start smoking again, I could concievably help you at least pin point where it is comming from. Let me know if you`d want some help
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Check your oil dipstick. See if you have a foggy/milky color to your oil. Let us know.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Check your coolant for exhaust gasses. NAPA sells a block checker to do this, about $50.
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Hollywood
alex howell
94 d90

I can get it started without a problem, it takes under a minute for the smoke to happen. My oil is normal, brown. I will swing by napa this week. I am going to see if a freind who is mechanically inclined (with rovers non the less) can swing by next week to help solve the mystery.

Thanks for the quick responses

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
coolant