Dimensions of Aux Fuel Tank - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 24th, 2007, 03:03 PM
mffoster
Mike Foster
94 D90, 2007 Supercharged RR

Dimensions of Aux Fuel Tank

Anyone who has a British Pacific or Rover Accessories aux fuel tank - What is the height of the rectangular side, right behind the sill or slider? I just installed a tank that I purchased used a few years ago, and it only appears to hold about 6.5 gallons. From the top of the tank down the side is only 3 inches. It tucks up well, so the total volume isn't a problem. Plus, I only paid $75 for the tank with the pump and all the fittings... I'm just suprised, because I thought that they only ever made 9 and 13 gallon versions. This came with the original sticker from Aero Tanks in Corona, CA. As far as I know they manufactured the tanks for BP and Rover Accessories. I may have a "prototype" or other early version. It never occurred to me to ask the tank volume from the guy I bought it from and I don't have his address any more.

Mike F
Concord, NH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d90 tank 1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	8762   Click image for larger version

Name:	d90 tank 2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	8763  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:03 AM
mffoster
Mike Foster

Help Requested - Dimensions of Aux Fuel Tank

Once again - Could someone who has one of these installed please take a minute to check the dimensions? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike F
Old March 28th, 2007, 09:10 PM
oldgreentrucks
Jim Pace

I have the 9 gal RA aux tank installed, but will be a couple weeks before I can get you the measurements.
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2007, 03:55 PM
mffoster
Mike Foster

Jim -

Thanks! I don't need the dimensions of the entire tank, just the "height" of the side face, basically the dimension I tried to show in the picture.

Regards,

Mike F
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
oldgreentrucks
Jim Pace

Mike,
I have a pic posted at:
http://imageevent.com/jimpace/landro...=0&w=4&s=0&z=2
if it helps until I can get the dimensions. Including the filler neck I have put over 25 gals into this D90!
Jim
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM
mffoster
Mike Foster

Jim -

I've seen those pictures, and they caused me to ask my original question. I can't see the top surface of the tank, but the bottom of the side surface (if you can understand what I'm trying to describe) comes to about the center of the round tubular chassis support, as shown in photo 1. I think that would make the distance from the top of the tank down the side about 5 or 6 inches. My tank is 3 inches, although the length appears the same, as well as the way it tapers down to the bottom of the chassis under the truck. I'll have to take off the slider on that side of the truck to take a picture with the same "view" that you have in that picture.

Thanks,

Mike F
Old March 30th, 2007, 02:49 PM
cdb
Clark Bowen
1969 Series 2a/OM617 Bugeye 88"

auxillary fuel tank

Mine (not installed yet) is 3" just like yours and it is supposed to be 9 gallons.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel, fuel tank