DII LT-230 in Old RRC, HELP Please.
Hey guys/gals, I know this doesn't pertain to a D-90 but most of you have a broad knowledge base so if you can please comment...
We are fitting a Disco II LT-230 into a 87 RRC and we would like to do it "correctly" this time. The last time we fit one we had some issues with the box and we were wondering if we received bad information. For one, while in hi or low open diff mode you could go directly over to the left into diff lock mode without moving the shifter in an h-pattern, we had trouble with it poping out of gear even after adjusting the difflock cable and we lost our in-cab difflock light. The last time we:
- We had to swap the entire rear output housing complete w/ op spindal and gears. It didn't have the right bolt holes to mount the RRC t-box mount to the frame. We simply swapped them over and used hi-temp red silicone to seal it up and used the impact to tighten the bolts down [making sure we put the right ones back where they needed to be.]
- We pulled out the "plunger mechanism" on the top of the t-box and knocked out the actuator pin then resealed it again with hi-temp red silicone. Can anyone please identify the correct name for this?
- We then pulled out the sensor directly next to the "plunger mechanism" and pluged it with a bolt of the appropriate depth for clearance. Can someone please identify the correct name for this sensor?
- We then removed another small sensor on the front output housing right near the diff lock linkage and pluged it with a bolt of appropriate lenght. Can some please identify the correct name of this as well?
- We left the large two-prong sensor on the back of the t-box unplugged. The size of the sensor bolt is a tad larger than 13/16th's. Can someone please identify this as well and if it is needed?
We have everything pulled and I am planning on re-fitting it this weekend. Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated!
Waiting for your truck to choke.