Difference in pitman arms? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Bryan Barnes
95 D90 2.8TGV
Difference in pitman arms?

Is there a difference between right hand drive and left hand drive pitman arms? Bought a
pitman arm and rebuild kit from this board for a great price. The new (to me) pitman arm is about
1/2" longer than my old one. That in itself probably wasn't a bad thing, but I think the spline
keyways may be at a slightly different angle. I can't get sh*t to line up now with the steering.
The drag link is the same length as before but the steering wheel is 90 degrees off. I'm about ready
to yank the rebuild kit out of the new arm and go back to the old arm. The only reason I didn't do
that to start with was because I kind of boogered up top of the old one trying to get the drag
link loose. Seems like nothing is ever simple.

BTW....I'm just guessing about the left and right hand thing, it wasn't advertized that way.

Old July 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Jake K.
95 D90 SW
Replace the pit-man arm with one off a D1 and then the part replacement is much easier after that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions