diff fluid color - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 31st, 2009, 07:32 PM
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black
Exclamation diff fluid color

changed out front and rear diff fluid today. both diffs poured fluid out of the fill caps.?.?.? I'm assuming that they're overfilled? Question is the color of the fluid. The snot that was in the truck was a grayish greenish color. Is that indicative if water contamination? If not why the severe color difference. Also, would overfilling the diffs cause any problems? when I filled them back up I only put the normal amount. (I stooped when it started coming out the fill hole.

This is where I'm supposed to write something witty and funny; or something.
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:08 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
Normal on all accounts. Overfilling will not cause any issues. Check to make sure your swivel balls are full as sometimes the fluid makes its way from them into the axle housing in front.
*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions