diff breather tube size? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

diff breather tube size?

Need to repair/extend the breather tubes -- can anyone advise on the ID of the tube and, even better, a source for some that lasts longer than the rover crap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I cant offer much other than some folks I know have made some really nice breathers up to the firewall using a little manifold and larger tubing.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:24 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I used a piece from my old RR's EAS system. How much do you need, I may still have some?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Likely a lot -- I need to repair the rear (ripped off all but the last few inches at MAR) and I'd might as well run all of them up the snorkel while I'm at it.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Tony I have bad news for you. By the time you are in water up above the firewall your engine will have long since quit and your ECU will be fried. At that point water finds its way into the axles in other ways.

The hard plastic hose I've had is about 1/8" I.D. and I have found it available at my FLAPS with other "by the foot" hoses. You might have to go to a few places before you find it.

Boiling water to soften it and shove it over whatever end you are trying to fit to it. Thanks to JP for that tip it works much better than the heat gun I was using before.

Make sure it is well fastened to the axle or you'll lose it again. Just got finished booger-welding my new diff cover on my front axle to replace the one I lost @ MAR. PITA job that...

Gee, I sure use alot of acronyms. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks
Likely a lot -- I need to repair the rear (ripped off all but the last few inches at MAR) and I'd might as well run all of them up the snorkel while I'm at it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions