Defender Source Forum banner

Diesel Rovers in Canada

Tags
diesel
1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Jasonep 
#1 ·
Diesel Rovers in Canada ha a rear disc brake conversion kit available. Has anyone used it? They have an all genuine option, that I'm considering. Price seems good. I just want to be sure I'm not being promised something they aren't going to deliver, or that it isn't going to be complete.

Their website is dieslerovers.ca

Has anyone bought this?

------ Follow up post added April 25th, 2018 10:20 PM ------

Forum won't let me post the link to what's in the kit. PM me and I'll send you the link.

#3 ·
There is also another link that lists all the parts. I can PM you that one.

------ Follow up post added April 26th, 2018 08:08 AM ------

Guess I should have thought of this before. Here is a copy/paste of what's in the kit:

Salisbury Rear Disc Conversion
The Salisbury Axle is a strong and reliable axle and has been powering Land Rovers for some time now. Before the 1994 300 TDI model, all Salisbury Axles used drum brakes. Drum brakes are a very efficient way of stopping a vehicle. Although, they do fall short in many ways. For example, drum brakes are prone to over heating, getting filled with dirt and mud, and they don’t perform when wet. Luckily, converting your Salisbury Axle to disc brakes is very easily done using all factory parts!

First, all you will need are these parts:

- x2 Front hubs FRC6139

- Right Calipers STC1268

- Left Caliper STC1269

- x4 Caliper Fixing Bolt SYP500090

- Caliper Mounting brackets FTC3306

- Right mud Shields LR017960

- Left mud Shields LR017961

- Brake Pads SFP000280

- Pin kit RTC5001

- x2 Brake Rotors LR017951

- x2 Axle stubs FTC1740

- x2 Lock Washers FTC3179

- x2 Drive Flange Gasket 571752

- x2 Axle stub gasket FTC3649

- x2 Hub seal RTC3511

This kit is provided at a competitive price.

Aftermarket : 770$CAD
OEM kit:1199$CAD

#4 ·
I don't see new axles listed. Even if the old axles fit, they don't have a spot for the axle stub seal to ride on.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd want front hubs.

#6 ·
As this is in the future upgrade plan for my Landy, it'd be interesting to see what brands are used for their aftermarket kit.
For my rebuild I was going to go mostly OEM, but I would still get AP calipers (branded OEM), EBC pads and Delphi rotors. Hubs and axle stubs, I'd source used original if I can, otherwise aftermarket.
Surprisingly, one thing you most certainly want to have original Land Rover is mud shields, aftermarket ones are made from tinfoil.

Based on the price, I doubt their OEM kit consists entirely from Land Rover parts, calipers alone would be around CAD660, then hubs are also around CAD600 and stub axles are CAD400 for the pair. So, going full-LandRover on this would be over CAD2000 and an equivalent of going full-retard :)

#9 ·
I also thought that going this route (front hubs, spindles and rotors) required 6mm spacers for the calipers. There is no mention of that in the list of parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.