Diesel Re-power Registration - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Brian Love
Diesel Re-power Registration

Just got done doing the title and registration thing in AZ for my newly re-powered Disco. All I had to do is drive up to the inspection station (I was transfering it to AZ from NC), tell him it was as diesel (never looked under to hood), and he told me 'Sign here'. I had to go back outside to get him to put that it was as 4 cyl not a 6 (he was suprised; "Didn't think 4 cyl could push such a big truck."). Got inside and I noticed that when she handed the title to me for signature it still was showing it was a 'G' fuel type. I asked if it matters that it is a diesel now. "the computer says it is a gas. I'll change that right now." Done, and done.

Admittedly, I was changing states and owners so mine was a little outside the norm.

FWIW - The guys at emmissions testing didn't have a clue what to do so they gave me a 'free pass' this year. It was showing that it was a gas engine in thier system....couldn't force a manual test I guess.
Inspirational Thought of the Day

Some people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when
you push them down a flight of stairs.

1995 Discovery

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions