Diesel Exhaust Stack? - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

What's your plan to accommodate engine flex and the rigid mounting of the "snorkel exhaust" ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
What's your plan to accommodate engine flex and the rigid mounting of the "snorkel exhaust" ?
Get a length of flex exhaust, that'll sort it
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:51 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

So check this out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/corsett...in/photostream

Look at the photos. It should make you shoot a load in your pants. The cage, monster truck tires, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2012, 01:20 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
So check this out

Look at the photos. It should make you shoot a load in your pants. The cage, monster truck tires, etc.
Some pretty cool stuff that they are doing. At the very least the metal fab and install is clean!

That front anti-sway bar setup looks very interesting - but I bet it costs a lot. And I wonder how the rear spring "cone" setup works.
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Is that thing on the good an exhaust or snorkel?
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Is that thing on the good an exhaust or snorkel?
That's a snorkel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old January 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM
James Pierce
James Pierce Jr.
1995 D90 SW #314, 59 SII 88 HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
So check this out

That is some pretty cool stuff, a lot of it it's rather "jeepish" but the quality looks top notch. I especially like the sway bar.
Old January 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Holy crap, that's almost better than sex. Almost. That is some sick 110 bling. A lot of Corsetti's stuff looks like Equipe. I love the front sway bar with air disconnect, and the rear winch on the 90. The 110 rear corner protectors are pretty interesting too. I see they are in Milan, Italy, and I just happen to be going there in May. Hmmmmmm.....

http://www.davidecorsetti.com/index.php

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 09:35 AM ------

Lucky8 just informed me that Equipe split up and is now Corsetti Engineering, so it would make sense their stuff looks very Equipish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Looking @ that the thought that kept running through my head was Gustavo would love this. That and I need Gustavo to translate for me.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old January 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
Looking @ that the thought that kept running through my head was Gustavo would love this. That and I need Gustavo to translate for me.
The problem is that we then need someone to translate from Gustavo into English.

Semper Fi!
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Holy crap, that's almost better than sex. Almost. That is some sick 110 bling. A lot of Corsetti's stuff looks like Equipe. I love the front sway bar with air disconnect, and the rear winch on the 90. The 110 rear corner protectors are pretty interesting too. I see they are in Milan, Italy, and I just happen to be going there in May. Hmmmmmm.....

http://www.davidecorsetti.com/index.php

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 09:35 AM ------

Lucky8 just informed me that Equipe split up and is now Corsetti Engineering, so it would make sense their stuff looks very Equipish.
So will L8 be looking to carry and Corsetti product? I can only imagine the cost of some of the items but would be nice to know they are an option.
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
[CHAPMAN] That is some ugly shit [/CHAPMAN]

I really don't like the look of any of that stuff. The snorkel is really hokey. Why go to all the trouble of custom fabbing something like that and then use a standard plastic snorkel topper that is meant to be mounted in a very different orientation. I'm sorry but that is just poorly done. Someone should be banned from using their CNC machine. Blingtastic doesn't even begin to describe it.

Quote:
That's a snorkel.
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching
[CHAPMAN] That is some ugly shit [/CHAPMAN]

I really don't like the look of any of that stuff. The snorkel is really hokey. Why go to all the trouble of custom fabbing something like that and then use a standard plastic snorkel topper that is meant to be mounted in a very different orientation. I'm sorry but that is just poorly done. Someone should be banned from using their CNC machine. Blingtastic doesn't even begin to describe it.
The snorkel is dumb, especially since they cut a hole in the hood and now water can get in.

Despite the "bling" factor of the stuff, all of it is well thought out. Look at the air actuated front sway, rear 110 corners, and heim jointed trailing arms. I do hate the company logo actually bolted on everything though.

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 11:07 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by don

So will L8 be looking to carry and Corsetti product? I can only imagine the cost of some of the items but would be nice to know they are an option.
Justin said he placed an order, so I assume he can either get the stuff, or will stock it. Lead time takes forever though. I think I am going to visit them in Milan and bring some stuff back.

Semper Fi!
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
It's just all so freaking ugly. That kind of stuff never looks right on a utility vehicle, no matter how well it works, it looks like it came from a whorehouse on Tatooine.

Quote:
The snorkel is dumm, especially since they cut a hole in the hood and now water can get in.

Despite the "bling" factor of the stuff, all of it is well thought out. Look at the air actuated front sway, rear 110 corners, and heim jointed trailing arms. I do hate the company logo actually bolted on everything though.

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 11:07 AM ------

Justin said he placed an order, so I assume he can either get the stuff, or will stock it. Lead time takes forever though. I think I am going to visit them in Milan and bring some stuff back.
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching
It's just all so freaking ugly. That kind of stuff never looks right on a utility vehicle, no matter how well it works, it looks like it came from a whorehouse on Tatooine.
Nothing a can of satin black can't fix!

Semper Fi!
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

What color is that truck?
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks
What color is that truck?
The green one? I was thinking the same thing. It looks good with the black. It looks to be a matte or satin olive drab.

Semper Fi!
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Ok, then it will look like it came from a whorehouse on Tatooine that got burned down by Tusken Raiders.

Quote:
Nothing a can of satin black can't fix!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuskenraider.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	45659  
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
Let me know what you need

And damn .. here goes my wallet, house.... *LOL*

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 11:34 AM ------

Quote:
The problem is that we then need someone to translate from Gustavo into English.

Let me know when you go to Italy, so I can organize a proper welcome to the country.... they would love to hear your PERCEPTION on the Italian accent
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier

Let me know what you need

And damn .. here goes my wallet, house.... *LOL*

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 11:34 AM ------

Let me know when you go to Italy, so I can organize a proper welcome to the country.... they would love to hear your PERCEPTION on the Italian accent
I'll be in Italy in May.

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 11:35 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren ching
ok, then it will look like it came from a whorehouse on tatooine that got burned down by tusken raiders.
rofl!

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, diesel, exhaust