Defender Source Forum banner

Diesel conversion - fuel pump removal and new fuel feed

923 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jaherring 
#1 ·
So, just wondering - those of you who have done the diesel conversion... did you reverse the feed and return lines after removing the fuel pump from the tank? Or did you replace the whole unit w/ a proper one for a diesel? Or did you modify the existing unit to work in the normal feed/return configuration?

The little 'can' which sits in the bottom of the tank and holds the pump seems like it would make a more stable fuel feed (anti-slosh?) - which is probably why the fuel pump is in it - but I'd have to do some mods to make a feed line go down into it (maybe nothing big... perhaps add an extension - maybe plastic line and a hose clamp.. and some kind of mesh guard?).

Also, if I keep the current setup via an extension line or reverse the lines I am wondering if the rubber diaphram between the fuel feed can and the return line and the rest of the tank can survive diesel fuel - or does that have to be removed as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.