Died going to work - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 26th, 2010, 07:39 PM
moose
Brett
Ex-Mod Tdi 110 Hard Top

Registry
That is a 2.25 diesel. My buddy has one in his Series 2A but his does not have a stop solenoid. His is stopped my pulling a knob on the dash which through a cable operates a lever on the injector pump shutting off the fuel supply. Of course his is a 1967 so they may have changed that and added a solenoid in later engines.

Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 26th, 2010, 10:26 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Call LR Series or Paddocks or Craddocks and see what they have for you.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Ok. Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help. I will call them up and talk to someone there. Since I know what engine I'm working with that will be a really helpful starting point

I have heard of the mechanical fuel shut off which does sound attractive, instead of this electrical issue.

I really want to thank you all for the insight you provide on this forum. When I was on my vacation I was telling folks that I broke down and asked a question on here about towing, and before the tow truck even got to me I had the answer on how to tow. And all from my phone! You guys rock!

Thanks again

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2010, 02:33 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Try to read the engine number on the block and that will help get the right part since you are not 100% sure if it is a 2.25 or a 2.5 N/A diesel.
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
I checked the engine number and it certainly checked out as a 2.25 as was also verified above. I ran into a bit of trouble when talking to LR Series because they said I did not have the fuel stop solenoid, instead he thought I should have the cable. I assured him via email that I did but he did not believe me. They sell part number BAU4611L so I bought it hoping that it would fit since it looks just like what I have. Indeed it fits!

For anyone that might find themselves in the same situation, I would reccomend them for that part. They charged a total of 14 quid to ship while RN wanted $200!

Thanks again to all who helped me on this one

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions