Denver, CO LR Techs - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 10th, 2005, 11:47 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
Denver, CO LR Techs

I just got a D90 a few weeks ago and everything is great. I was wondering if someone had a tech recommendation for the Denver, CO area? I would like to have it inspected again just to make sure there is nothing glaring that it needs done.

thanks,
Bill Lewis
1995 D90, 339/500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2005, 01:57 AM
COSteve
Steven Reed
93 Defender 110 - #107

Thumbs up

Jeff Corwin at JC Rover 4x4 is great. I think he posted a while back. Stands behind his work, fair pricing, quality stuff has been my experience. JCRover4x4@comcast.net is his email. 303-918-3876 cell.
Old August 11th, 2005, 08:25 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
I don't know much about Denver, but I had a great experience with the LR Flat Irons dealer in Boulder while I was out for the Rally. They helped me big ime in a pinch and had a number of 90's and 110's in their service area when I was there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I have mixed feelings about the people I have done business with so I really don't feel comfortable about recommending them. However, I do think it's a good idea to develop a relationship with someone.
I strongly urge you to learn to do this shit yourself! After all, it is a defender, and there is always going to be something wrong with it. This site contains so much useful information, and has such helpful people posting, that there really isn't much you can't handle. About anything that could go wrong with your defender has probably already happened to someone here and the solution to the problem exists on this site.

The reason I started working on mine myself was that I wasn't satisfied with the shop I was using and I decided that if I wanted something done right then, by golly, I ought to do it myself. That way when something went wrong on the trail I had no one to blame but myself. In addition, the familiarity you will have with your vehicle, and the knowledge you will have gained might just be what gets you home at the end of the day.

The time I spend in the garage working on the 90 (drinking beer) has thoroughly enriched the defender experience for me. I know little, but I'm just over the hill from you, let me know if I can help.

Would you by chance be that shiny black 90 I saw at the Walgreens off founders pkwy last weekend?
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:27 AM
tmore
Tom More
1995 D90

Jeff Corwin at JC's Rovers.. He has bailed me out a few times. He does good work at a fair price.
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:11 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
Mine is white.

I am gonna do most stuff myself, but I wanted to see who around here other owners had good experiences with.

thanks for the infor everyone,
bill
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:32 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
I have mixed feelings about the people I have done business with so I really don't feel comfortable about recommending them. However, I do think it's a good idea to develop a relationship with someone.
I strongly urge you to learn to do this shit yourself! After all, it is a defender, and there is always going to be something wrong with it. This site contains so much useful information, and has such helpful people posting, that there really isn't much you can't handle. About anything that could go wrong with your defender has probably already happened to someone here and the solution to the problem exists on this site.

The reason I started working on mine myself was that I wasn't satisfied with the shop I was using and I decided that if I wanted something done right then, by golly, I ought to do it myself. That way when something went wrong on the trail I had no one to blame but myself. In addition, the familiarity you will have with your vehicle, and the knowledge you will have gained might just be what gets you home at the end of the day.

The time I spend in the garage working on the 90 (drinking beer) has thoroughly enriched the defender experience for me. I know little, but I'm just over the hill from you, let me know if I can help.

Would you by chance be that shiny black 90 I saw at the Walgreens off founders pkwy last weekend?
X2! I work in CastleRock and I'm willing to help you out for free . I gave up on every LR guy in CO and i'm doing all the work my self. Now if you are looking to modify your truck then Keith at Rovertracks.com is your man, ask any body.
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Sorry to hijack William, but....

Hey, Yousef!
I need a new project for winter and plan to upgrade suspension and drivetrain. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Maybe I could bribe you with a slice of pie at the B&B or something after work some day?

Rod
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:37 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Sure, where is B&B?
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

The little diner on the east side of the town square, katty corner from the Castle Cafe on Wilcox, smack in the middle of down town Castle Rock. Or any place you please, you're the one that would be doing me a favor!
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:49 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I work in down town CR on third. Let me know when you want to meet up.

William, I owe you for the hijack
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

At your convenience Yousef. Please give me a call when you see an opening in your schedule.
Home:303-681-2796
Work:303-296-1666

Thanks,
Rod

Sorry for the hijack William. My Bad.
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:17 AM
CDN22
Ken
1994 D90

Based on less than satisfactory experiences with the LR 'stealership in Edmonton' I'm leary of all dealerships with a green oval out front. However I must say the folks at LR Denver East were quite pleasant and reasonable to do business with. Helped me out of a jam and had me on my way in less than an hour without an appointment.

FWIW...
Old August 12th, 2005, 10:22 AM
wildenbeast
Bill Wildenberg
94 Defender

go to Ned

Not exactly Denver, but and hour drive away is Autotecnica in Nederland. Go to his shop and you'll understand his passion by the number of Series, Defenders, and Range Rovers parked in his lot.
Old August 12th, 2005, 11:18 AM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
No problem on the hijack guys, but I live 2 miles from B&B and would be willing to help out on any projects...Just drop me a line if you want: 719-238-9023.

l8r,
bill
95 Alpine 339/500

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions