Denim twill alternative? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 30th, 2015, 12:34 PM
wilyliang
Peter
'95 D90 SW #441

Registry
Denim twill alternative?

Hard to ask this in a manly-cool way, but has anyone made any shifts in interior trim pattern that they recommend?

I've got a '95 NAS 90 SW with what I believe is called "Denim Twill". About to spring for some rear lock-and-folds (big tax refund this year!) and was considering a trim pattern switch/upgrade. The Denim Twill stuff is comfortable and seems to match the generally grey interior of my truck, but doesn't strike me as durable or very kid-proof.

Any thoughts on another pattern (or solid... vinyl? leather?) to consider to go with the other aspects of the interior? Stock grey carpeting, front seats with Denim Twill and grey vinyl... mostly grey plastic trim and painted metal elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilyliang View Post
Any thoughts on another pattern (or solid... vinyl? leather?) to consider to go with the other aspects of the interior? Stock grey carpeting, front seats with Denim Twill and grey vinyl... mostly grey plastic trim and painted metal elsewhere.
Personal preferences - go with what you like…

I like the Techno cloth, or the Moorland, the Outlast solids are nicely durable as well.

If used like a car more than a truck the 1/2 leather Puma seats are excellent (really comfortable as well) but I tend to like the cloth better for the comfort in all climates.

As I look out the shop door this morning at the trucks in the queue, we've got Moorland, Techno, vinyl, no seats, Outlast, 1/2 leather, and a Puma set. My preference of the lot is the Moorland as it's just nicely classic and fits the trucks in my opinion.
Old June 30th, 2015, 07:41 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
1994 seat covers in NAS Car Denim are tough as nails and last quite long (they are dark gray with black backing). My stock ones (21 years old) look lived in but are still in very good condition for their age. RN sells retrim kits by Exmoor in this same vinyl like fabric for very reasonable money. I would highly recommend this fabric and sounds like it would match your interior overall.

RETRIM KIT FOR SINGLE DEFENDER FRONT SEAT NAS CAR DENIM VINYL, EXT315-NAS, EXT315NAS - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2015, 12:46 PM
wilyliang
Peter
'95 D90 SW #441

Registry
On second look (with a bit of Rovers North swatch research) looks like I have Moorland. Grey backing. I get that it's "classic" but a little brownish overall. Anyone switched it up to something else that works with the greys? Maybe the Denim Twill?
Old July 7th, 2015, 04:24 PM
wilyliang
Peter
'95 D90 SW #441

Registry
Does anyone know the difference between Denim Twill and Car Denim?
Old July 7th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
The part surrounding the seat is black on car denim, grey on denim twill
Old July 7th, 2015, 06:08 PM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
Zack at rovers north set me up with the techo cloth, and it works great with the grey interior. I redid my front seats and all four jump seats (I still have back rests to do on the jump seats though). I'll take a pic soon and post it here.
Old July 7th, 2015, 07:59 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
Zach and RN will take good care of you. No I don't work there but I might as well own a portion of the company based on how much I have ordered from them (just kidding but couldn't resist)!
Old July 8th, 2015, 09:12 AM
WG_moots
Wilmer
None

PO had all seats re-finished in black vinyl with white stitching. IMO, they look great.
For the summer I installed Kexby covers on the front seats and plan to remove them in the fall.

seating for 6
Old July 8th, 2015, 10:33 AM
pitchrollyaw
wayne p
1985 d90 2.5NA

Registry
I had Moorland in my '85, and recovered the seats in Exmoor Techno, with dk grey vinyl (same as the vinyl trim on the front) on the rear benches. The Techno looks great w/ the rest of the interior, not too modern, and seems to be wearing well.
..tolerant Wife...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions