Defender winter storage - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Defender winter storage

Just wondering if it is better to store my defender with a full tank of gas or a almost empty tank. Any suggestions would be great. I tend to drive it right until the salt trucks come out and then it's in the garage for atleast a couple months. Is there anything else I should think of doing before I park it and throw the cover on it?
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Put fuel stabilizer in the gas and follow the instructions. Normally, run engine for five minutes to circulate the stabilizer/fue mixture. Our fuel tanks are plastic and won't rust, but our fuel lines can.

Follow-up Post:

Also give it a good bath (especially underneath) and put it to bed clean. Might consider putting the battery on trickle charge for the winter.

Chris
Old October 29th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Is there a better fuel stabilizer than others?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2006, 11:52 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier
Also give it a good bath (especially underneath) and put it to bed clean. Might consider putting the battery on trickle charge for the winter.

Chris
I was planning on getting the undercarriage Ziebarted. Is the product that they use as good as Waxoyl? Anyone have anything bad to say about Ziebart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender13
Is there a better fuel stabilizer than others?
I've been told that STA-BIL is one of the best!

Follow-up Post:

Info about STA-BIL http://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-Fuel-S.../dp/B0000C50ZM , http://www.goldeagle.com/sta-bil , http://www.boatersland.com/fuelstab.html and http://www.thefarm.org/charities/i4at/surv/sta-bil.htm
Old October 30th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Also, I store my things with a full tank. That way there is less room for air. The air contains water vapor and can condense and add water to the fuel. I use Sta Bil.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions