Defender Source Forum banner

Defender parts

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  o2batsea 
#1 ·
Having always been a RRC guy and just bought my first Defender, I just realized that finding parts is quite different. The RRC is easy, there's always somebody parting one out. Not true with defenders. So do many of the D1 parts fit? I immediately need 4 lug nuts and a center cap for standard defender alloy wheels on a '97 NAS (not the boosts), rover parts has them but just more so curious about parts in general. I've got a water pump from my old 95 RRC that looks like it'll fit the D90. So not really a question, just a realization for me.

#11 ·
I find this thread rather ironic since I had a far harder time finding parts for the RRC I recently sold than I ever did for a Defender. You can practically build a Defender from parts that are readily available from multiple sources, whereas I found some RRC parts to be unobtainable.

Just try finding a set of '95 RRC front door speaker grilles.

#12 ·
$159 market set SIDE MARKER LAMP RH REAR NAS DEFENDER 90 '95, RNE773, AMR1293 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

what's weird is that this is for a pair, but they list the single for $29 SIDE MARKER LAMP LH REAR NAS DEFENDER 90, PLE757, AMR2576 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

I found a OEM one on ebay for $16

here's the $98 V8 decal DECAL "V8" FRONT WING DEF SILVER-BLACK, BTR514MUB, RNQ191 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts=

yet they have this for $28 but have no idea how they are different DECAL "V8" FRONT WING DEFENDER, RNH873, BTR8705MUL - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

I've always hated their website...

but good to know that D1 and some 95 RRC parts are interchangeable. Ordering plugs, fuel filter, plug wires soon.

------ Follow up post added September 21st, 2016 09:14 AM ------

yeah, I never had a hard time but all of my '95s were totally complete. I've seen so many struggle with the speaker grille thing, never knew that was an issue until seeing it all over the forums. I've had 3 '95 RRCs in the past and none of them were missing the covers. No clue what people are doing to break or loose these things.

on a completely unrelated note, I need OEM door speaker grilles for a '97 D90

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.