Defender Importing Company Reviews - Page 8 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 9th, 2016, 01:07 PM
deanclean
Ryan Stevens
1995 Defender 300tdi

@krnlane. I just went through the process myself. I am also in Canada and it was a pretty smooth process. I got my D90 from the Landrovers out of Netherlands. They got it from Spain. I am very happy with it. It isn't perfect, but I knew that going into it. I had loads of questions and got great answers and advice from a few sources. I did the importing myself and it wasn't hard. Just have to make sure you have all the documents. I am a member of OVLR and that group is a fantastic bunch of people who helped a ton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2016, 09:35 PM
samjone
Sam Weirich
1990 110 SW

I have been operating my rebuilt 110 for 6 months since its importation from the Netherlands. No blistering paint and it switches on overtime I turn the key. She has a few issues but the group who did the work has reimbursed me for repairs since its arrival. A few hiccups during importation but overall a good experience. If I did it again I would recommend doing all your upgrades and installing options once it is imported onto this side of the pond. Good vehicles can be had through reputable shops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabn82 View Post
Zombie motors???
Good, bad, ugly???
There are some lengthy discussions on this forum concerning Zombie motors and the guy who operates it. Also over on Pelican Parts there is quite a bit info on them as well. I believe he was banned from that site some time ago for his business dealings. I would also look up his criminal history.

Good luck and be careful.
Old October 10th, 2016, 09:20 AM
xabn82
Billy
None

Daddy,
Thanks for the info on Zombie. I was going to contact him about a D90. Think I'll pass
Old October 10th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Krnlane
Ken Nickel-Lane
None

Ovlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanclean View Post
@krnlane. I just went through the process myself. I am also in Canada and it was a pretty smooth process. I got my D90 from the Landrovers out of Netherlands. They got it from Spain. I am very happy with it. It isn't perfect, but I knew that going into it. I had loads of questions and got great answers and advice from a few sources. I did the importing myself and it wasn't hard. Just have to make sure you have all the documents. I am a member of OVLR and that group is a fantastic bunch of people who helped a ton.
Deanclean

Thanks, have joined OVLR for a start. Did the group in the Netherlands take care of the shipping, and load on, or did you coordinate all that yourself?

Ken
Old October 10th, 2016, 02:59 PM
deanclean
Ryan Stevens
1995 Defender 300tdi

They handled the shipping. Loaded it in the container and had all the original documents for me (ownership, title). I had to sort out getting it through customs. Paying duty, filling out "form one" , and registering it in Ontario. It was actually pretty straightforward but I did have advice from others. Feel free to PM me if you want any other information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
defender, import