Defender going up for sale. Value? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Defender going up for sale. Value?

Hi guys. Wife and I made the decision to sell some toys and pay off the house. I'm a little out of touch with values and could use your help.

1994 #1646 Arles blue soft top 92,000 miles. Rovertym lift/suspension, 35" mud tires in good shape, GBR plugged diffs with 443 gears. ARB lockers front and rear, GBR axles, raised air intake, R-380, really cool front winch bumper and skid plate (can't remember where I got it), 9000lb winch, Tuffy box, etc.

No rust what soever, just nuts and bolts that I was planning on slowly swapping with stainless. A couple of small dings and scratches. Its about time to get the seats redone. The best top is showing signs of age. I was going to replace it next summer. Fuel pump recently as well as plugs, wires, etc. No back seat. No A/C. I'm sure that I'm forgetting some stuff.

Also getting rid of a 66 Impala coupe, 2011 900+ hp twin turbo Camaro SS (17,000 miles),
2007 Escalade (62000), 83 CJ-7, and maybe a couple of my motorcycles.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm planning on getting pictures tomorrow.
And I love you too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:07 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Are you just missing the bench seat or are you missing all of the mounting hardware and seatbelts for it as well? If missing just the bench, I would highly recommend spending the $350 or so it seems to cost to get a bench seat (I think there are still a few for sale in the parts section) and it'll more than pay for itself in the value it adds to your truck.

Seat bases are another thing that if recovered from ripped, really add quite a bit more value to the truck than if they're just ripped. If it's the entire seat (and both driver and passenger) then it probably doesn't pay off to recover.

------ Follow up post added October 1st, 2012 10:10 AM ------

If you had listed this a few months ago I know Gery - AmityD90 - would have probably bought it from you asap.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:16 AM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I dont have any of the back seat stuff. I didn't want it and sold it years ago. The front seats are good, but the black vinyl on the sides is starting to crack.
And I love you too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:43 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
With no A/C, and no bench you could list it at $24k and see what happens...see if you get any nibbles.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:53 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

values have dropped quite considerably since the influx of earlier defenders...that things probably only worth about $5000 now..but coz I am a nice guy..I'll give you $8000 if you throw in the impala...LOL.. Good luck with the sale..
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:56 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post
I dont have any of the back seat stuff. I didn't want it and sold it years ago. The front seats are good, but the black vinyl on the sides is starting to crack.
Give Peter at Safari HP a ring. He typically stocks complete NAS seat bottoms for ~ $115. Easy fix.
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Josh is right. I would of given you a solid offer.
Good luck with the sale.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Thanks for all the kind replies. I added it up in my head and I've got to have ten grand in extras on it. I know I will not get it all back, but I'm going to need $25k

I'll post it in the sale section with pics or a link tomorrow. I just took extensive pics of the underside. It is awfully nice to have a car lift!
And I love you too
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Also getting rid of a 66 Impala coupe, 2011 900+ hp twin turbo Camaro SS (17,000 miles), 2007 Escalade (62000), 83 CJ-7, and maybe a couple of my motorcycles.
Out of that list, can't you keep at least one? The 90 makes sense as the Escalade is too bling, the Camaro is too fast and the Impala could be a nice and quick sell. Or at least keep the CJ-7.

FWIW - my buddy has a blue ST and I think it's the best color for the ST's. There are not many of them and the blue looks nice. I would think $25k should be reachable. Maybe part some of the extras out.
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
maleger
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca

Registry
You should ask for more and have room to negotiate. List all the additions and take some nice pictures that also show everything you added. There are some selling for 50K$ + around here, so there must be people ready to pay for them, maybe not on this forum, as other are probably like me and would like a truck with room to customize it to their/my particular taste.
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

what do you want for the cj? pics?
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Out of that list, can't you keep at least one? The 90 makes sense as the Escalade is too bling, the Camaro is too fast and the Impala could be a nice and quick sell. Or at least keep the CJ-7.

FWIW - my buddy has a blue ST and I think it's the best color for the ST's. There are not many of them and the blue looks nice. I would think $25k should be reachable. Maybe part some of the extras out.
There is no such thing as too fast...lol

Its not all bad, I'm left with a 911 Porsche and I see a unimog in my future some time in the next two years.

------ Follow up post added October 1st, 2012 04:11 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleger View Post
You should ask for more and have room to negotiate. List all the additions and take some nice pictures that also show everything you added. There are some selling for 50K$ + around here, so there must be people ready to pay for them, maybe not on this forum, as other are probably like me and would like a truck with room to customize it to their/my particular taste.
I agree. I'm just not patient enough to negotiate.
And I love you too
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:12 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
There is no such thing as too fast...lol

Its not all bad, I'm left with a 911 Porsche and I see a unimog in my future some time in the next two years.
Oh, I know and believe me I would love to experience what 900+HP feels like. I remember getting in trouble with my little S4 before the 90 and that only had 340HP and was essentially a sleeper.

911 Porsche and a Mog ain't bad. There was a Mog on Pirate a few months ago that I feel in love with. Wish they were just a little faster.
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:16 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplm00 View Post
what do you want for the cj? pics?
I would probably take $8000 for it. It is kevlar bodied with a real nice paint job on it. I started it ground up. Everything is new. It is going to take someone a couple of weekends to finish sorting the painless wiring kit. I could probably come up with twenty five grand in receipts.
And I love you too
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Good luck at $30k - hopefully you can get somewhere near what you need out of it. I personally wouldn't have rushed to throw up the ad without all of the pics you intend to list on eBay, since people usually see a new truck is listed, open it, and don't tend to open it again unless the ad is really enticing. With 7 days on your auction, you should get those extra pics up ASAP.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

'66 Impala? That was what I drove in high school, my first car ever. Details?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
defender