Defender front seats installed in second row? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Defender front seats installed in second row?

what is the possibility of installing two front Defender seats in the second row of a 110? I know Foley puts them in the 130 station wagon conversions they do and that anything is possible, but how insane is it?
Just wondering I have a couple of extra front Defender seats and a cubby box and was thinking captains chairs with center console.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi
what is the possibility of installing two front Defender seats in the second row of a 110? I know Foley puts them in the 130 station wagon conversions they do and that anything is possible, but how insane is it?
Just wondering I have a couple of extra front Defender seats and a cubby box and was thinking captains chairs with center console.
That's actually my next project, so it's not insane. It's as simple as building mounts for them.

Let me know if you want to part with your spare seats. I have a nice set of middle row seats if you need them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Lots of places do it. The only point I've seen is to give them the ability to move backwards farther than the non-moveable second row seating. They give better leg room but obviously, you'll only get two in there instead of a row of three because of where they have to be mounted.

You little rebel, I like you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2011, 01:47 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Jonathan- what kind of middle seats do you have? hi back , low back, exmoor etc?
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

My truck had front row seats including the center seat installed as the second row seats. They had made a front and rear bracket to hold them in, welded the frames. I thought it to be a poor job so have removed them. I would think, however, that it would be easy to do. The only thing I would see as a negative is that they would be hard to make fold forward, well other than the seat back. You could even make them slide if so needed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
seats