Defender Body on a RRC LWB Chassis - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 3rd, 2015, 05:58 PM
ipitimi
Greg Nielsen
1995 RRC LWB, 1987 Defender 110,

Defender Body on a RRC LWB Chassis

I know this seems a strange question, but I have a 95 LWB Classic that I recently rebuilt the engine on as well as new front and rear axles. I no longer drive it and wanted to see if anyone has ever re-used a RRC LWB Chassis and put a Defender 110 body on it?
I have a complete 1987 Land Rover 110 but the Chassis is completely rotten.
Option 1 is a new galvanized chassis along with all the labor of putting all the engine parts etc.
Opttion 2, I wondered is to take the perfectly good RRC LWB Chassis and current drive train, wheels etc and just swap bodies....
Is this possible?
How similar are the chassis for RRC LWB and the Defender 110?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:10 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipitimi View Post
I know this seems a strange question, but I have a 95 LWB Classic that I recently rebuilt the engine on as well as new front and rear axles. I no longer drive it and wanted to see if anyone has ever re-used a RRC LWB Chassis and put a Defender 110 body on it?
I have a complete 1987 Land Rover 110 but the Chassis is completely rotten.
Option 1 is a new galvanized chassis along with all the labor of putting all the engine parts etc.
Opttion 2, I wondered is to take the perfectly good RRC LWB Chassis and current drive train, wheels etc and just swap bodies....
Is this possible?
How similar are the chassis for RRC LWB and the Defender 110?
Besides being shorter than the 110, the chassis is similar in some ways, but very very different in others.

If you're looking for a direct bolt up, the answer is hell no.
If you can weld and fabricate steel, it is a starting point easier than building a new frame from scratch, but a quick inspection of photographs of the 2 vehicles, particularly from the very front and very back will show you some major differences.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
body, defender, lwb