Defender 90 XS from Kuwait, sending my regards and suggestion for modifications - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 4th, 2013, 06:30 AM
G55AMG
Mohammed
2013 Defender 90

Defender 90 XS from Kuwait, sending my regards and suggestion for modifications

Hello gentlemen,

My name is Mohammed and I am from Kuwait, I am an avid 4x4 fanatic and happen to own a Defender 90 XS(its on its way). The Defender 90 XS is the Station Wagon model in Orkney Gray and hopefully will arrive around April 15.

I am a big fan of the Defenders shape and I heard that they will stop producing them soon so I went ahead and got me one as a car to drive around in. I just sold my Toyota LC79 pickup for this as I have limited parking space at home and the garage will be occupied by my G55 AMG and Defender 90 XS.

To be honest I cannot keep the car stock and like to add personal touches, in the showroom I saw an XS 90 in Black(the salesman said its similar to mine) and it was fully loaded except it didn't have the Xtech style lights nor Grille and was equipped with the boost alloys.

I need your opinion would it look great to paint the boost alloys in black for a Orkney Gray car ?

I dont want to add too many stuff to it and over do it. Currently I will do a full 3m clear cover for the bonnet and charcoal coloured window tints.

The Black car in stock had the orange round lights up front how can I replace them to the clear ones ? Whats the best way to add Xtech lighting and replace the rear orange lights to clear ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2013, 05:18 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Welcome to the forum. A land rover dealer in the UK should be able to provide the clear lights. A quick Internet search and a call to their 'parts department' will get you what you need.

Powder coating wheels can look good. You could ask someone who uses something like photoshop to create a view of your car with different color wheels.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:35 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
It's a bit lighter gray, but kinda gives you an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	69554  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM
BEIS
RYAN BEIS
D110 Soft Top with full rollcage

Registry
An alternative to Power Coating your rims, would be to use 'PlastiDip'. It is used by alot of Hummer owners to coat their rims. PlastiDip is a spray or paint on rubber protective coating, that will protect your rims from rocks and scratches, etc. And the best part about it is, if you don't like it, you can peal it right off. Some guys have even gone as far as spraying their entire hoods or trucks with it.

Now, I know that spraying on a rubber coating sounds like it would not be very pleasing to the eye...but, there are lots of guys that swear by it, and have had great results. Best part is, it's cheap, and if you don't like the outcome, you can simply peal it off.

As for the lights, call the parts department in the UK.

Hope that helps! And welcome to the forum!

Old April 5th, 2013, 01:48 PM
G55AMG
Mohammed
2013 Defender 90

Thanks guys cant wait for my car to arrive
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEIS View Post
An alternative to Power Coating your rims, would be to use 'PlastiDip'. It is used by alot of Hummer owners to coat their rims. PlastiDip is a spray or paint on rubber protective coating, that will protect your rims from rocks and scratches, etc. And the best part about it is, if you don't like it, you can peal it right off. Some guys have even gone as far as spraying their entire hoods or trucks with it.

Now, I know that spraying on a rubber coating sounds like it would not be very pleasing to the eye...but, there are lots of guys that swear by it, and have had great results. Best part is, it's cheap, and if you don't like the outcome, you can simply peal it off.

As for the lights, call the parts department in the UK.

Hope that helps! And welcome to the forum!
No sane person would ever dip their whole car!

Never did say I was sane however.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/29/etyvesat.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1319 Vt Rt 128, Westford, VT 05494
Please message me with any questions you have.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, defender, defender 90, mod