Defender 90 diesel engine and Electronics? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 28th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Defender 90 diesel engine and Electronics?

I am really new to Defenders, don't know much about them. What I am wondering is how much does the diesel engine in Defender 90 is dependent on electronics (if at all). Basically I am looking for a car with a purely mechanical diesel engine. That is I am looking for an engine that can be started and then run all by its self with out needing nay computers or electricity. Basically a car that can have no alternator/generator but still be able to be push started and run as long as it has fuel.

Thank you in advance for any information you may provide. Also, would be cool if you can post any links to technical info about D-90.

- Bogdan

Old July 30th, 2005, 09:43 PM
1995 NAS Defender 90 SW TDi
The 300 tdi has absolutely no electronics. 1 wire to the fuel solenoid and it will run. It can also be set up as normally open. The it requires power to stop the engine.
I agree with the 100% mechanical diesel. I also got rid of all electrical gauges that I could

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, defender 90, diesel, engine