Defender 2015 bought in MX - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:08 AM
Desertdweller9
manuel rivera
2015 Defender 110

Defender 2015 bought in MX

Hi guys.
I bought a 110 in Mexico City but work brought me to the Tijuana/San Diego area and now I don't have a willing dealer nearby to do the scheduled services.
Does anyone have access to the service Defender 110 2015 service manual? I tried getting it through Topix but couldn't find it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:23 AM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
It will cost thru TOPIX, and you will need to register the truck in Mexico, or UK if no comprende espanol.
Congrats on truck, I have a 2013 here in Germany. Known Puma issues are drivetrain clunk, and clutch issues.
I assume it is ROW without DPF? 2.2?

Post some pics.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:39 AM
Desertdweller9
manuel rivera
2015 Defender 110

I registered in Mexico, logged in, found the doc I need, paid for it and then the system would just keep asking me to pay for it. Complained to their customer care and they just refunded my money and blew me off.

I am sure someone out there must have the PDF. I'd be willing to pay for it.

The dealership in San Diego told me they can't help me because they can't get parts. Which is dumb since I get the original parts in the US from Rovers North...

It is a 2.2.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:59 PM
xjahx
JAH
'93 NAS 110, '94 NAS ST, '85 90 PU

Registry
I do not have the documents in front of me, but I know for certain that my 2015 Mexican 110 has a base 3yr/__km warranty, and there is a global travel segment within that document. I confirmed prior to purchase that the warranty extends to foreign delearships, to enable service work when doing overland touring in central and North America at any dealership. The parts will take time to acquire, but LR global is backing the vehicle as you travel.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
Desertdweller9
manuel rivera
2015 Defender 110

I just found out they opened a new LR dealership in Tijuana in November. This takes care of my headaches...
Old April 2nd, 2016, 02:18 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdweller9 View Post
I just found out they opened a new LR dealership in Tijuana in November. This takes care of my headaches...
Now that LR is importing diesel Range Rovers, (I hope they haven't given up yet) you might find some intelligent life there.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old April 11th, 2016, 11:22 PM
spikemd
Ted
2001 P38, 2006 LR3, 1991 109

I just saw a 2015 110 in Ensenada last week. Gorgeous with the TD6 motor and kits of options.
Old April 12th, 2016, 12:38 AM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
I would think dealers all over the world would be able to do the work. Even if it does take longer to get parts. I thought I remembered something about that in their advertising or warranty documentation.

You could get the parts, and bring them in for them. Make their parts manager feel real good.

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old April 12th, 2016, 12:47 AM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdweller9 View Post

The dealership in San Diego told me they can't help me because they can't get parts. Which is dumb since I get the original parts in the US from Rovers North...

It is a 2.2.

Thanks
LRNA doesn't allow dealers access to "off market parts" (if it wasn't originally sold here, you can't get parts fort here, at least through the dealer).

However there are many shops that have access to and retail "off market" parts that they bring in from the UK. Rovers North being the one with the highest profile and flashy parts website, but there are plenty of others with parts available.
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:27 AM
xjahx
JAH
'93 NAS 110, '94 NAS ST, '85 90 PU

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
LRNA doesn't allow dealers access to "off market parts" (if it wasn't originally sold here, you can't get parts fort here, at least through the dealer). ...
This is in conflict with the literature that JLR-MX provides to new vehicle owners, as they attempt to inspire confidence for adventure and foreign travel. This is a direct quot from JLR-MX:

Warranty during his travels abroad

Land Rover has a comprehensive network of workshops spread throughout the world. In this way, you all the benefits of this warranty even when traveling in other countries. Enjoy.

Our UK Operations Centre is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is staffed by experienced, multi-lingual experts. The number to call is 0800 246 844.

When you call, we’ll ask you for:
Your name
Your location
Your registration number or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
A brief description of the incident
A contact telephone number

*Edit: For European vehicles, the literature does define "abroad" as, "any country in Europe other than the home country."

Validity outside your home country Land Rover Assistance is only available outside your home country for single trips that do not exceed 30 days and for a maximum of 91 days overall duration in any 12 month period.
Old April 12th, 2016, 02:45 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Maybe so when you buy a vehicle outside of North America (Canada / US) but in North America you aren't buying from Landrover,. You are buying from LRNA, a separate company.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but how I understand it is as follows:

The dealers in Canada / US are not part of Land Rover, or the "Land Rover comprehensive network of workshops spread throughout the world." They are part of Land Rover North America (LRNA), and have the exclusive rights to selling the Land Rover and in market Genuine Parts in the US and Canada.

At this point you can start to see why the whole issue with the Rover, Landrover name came up several years ago, especially in Canada and the US. LRNA pays a premium for exclusive rights, and for some corner garage to pop up calling it's self "Rover repairs" or "Land Rover Garage" or even use the green oval, when they have no association with Landrover or licensing deal in place, it would ruffle the LRNA feathers, which in turn goes back to Land Rover, lawyers, yada yada.....

If one is travelling abroad in North America, a dealer could send parts from one of the "Land Rover comprehensive network of workshops spread throughout the world." to you at a LRNA dealer, and you could have them installed there. That probably the arrangement, and why time is required. (and I can only imagine the red tape that goes along with it)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
defender, ht