Defender 110 with 300TDI - Whining under gear and power - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 20th, 2016, 07:55 PM
edcircus
Justin
1984 Land Rover Defender 110

Defender 110 with 300TDI - Whining under gear and power

My car has been working well. Iíve had a slow leak of fluids from my front transfer case recently. Iíve been putting it off getting fixed, but now something new is happening. When have the rover in gear and am moving forward, at higher rpmís, no matter what the gear, my rover makes a double whining noise(the one you can hear in the video). The available power to my engine doesnít change nor does any other aspect of the car feedback from driving. The whine doesnít happen when the car is revíd at idle. Iíve tightened most of the hoses, but now believe it has something to do with the transmission or transfer case only because it only happens under power and in gear. It could be a turbo problem I suppose, but Iím just not sure if that would effect the power and/or if it would happen without being in gear. Looking forward to your feedback!
Attached Files
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, 300tdi, defender, defender 110, tdi