Dead tachometer... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 20th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Weldon
Weldon Pundt
"95" D-90

Exclamation Dead tachometer...

Needs some help???

Posting this before I purchase a new tachometer, not sure if it's really dead or not. Recently replaced my alternator & now my tachometer is not working. Could replacing the alternator zap a electronic device? Before the tach stopped working it did have somewhat of a bounce, bounced mostly when you applied pressure to the break. Or could it just be poor timing?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Weldon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2008, 10:48 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The tach lead comes off of the alternator - are you sure you connected all the right leads to the right terminals? If I recall correctly, the alternator lead is marked "w." A possible issue could be that the connection at the terminal was weak before you replaced the alternator, and now the wire has severed or something. The issues are directly related.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Weldon
Weldon Pundt
"95" D-90

Jim,

Thanks... It was the connection, once again thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac