Dash repair - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 12th, 2009, 01:07 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Dash repair

Previous owner had extra lights and switches. Now I have holes in the dash from where those were installed. Any ideas on how to patch and cover these? Other then replace the piece?

The top of the dash by the vents is cracking too and I'd like to fix that up. Ideas or products to use to fix that.

Thanks,
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
top dash pad is an easy replacement item.

for the lower holes, are they close enough together that you could cover them with a rover emblem ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:22 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland 110
top dash pad is an easy replacement item.

for the lower holes, are they close enough together that you could cover them with a rover emblem ?
Lower holes are spaced out so that I can't cover them with anything. I did re-use one for my seat heat control but the others are too close to the steering column.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

What I would do is go into a local dealership like LR, BMW, MB and ask them who does their interior repairs. I'm sure they would be willing to tell you how to contact him, or what day he usually comes in. These guys are usually happy to do some side work for people, but don't really advertise, so you have to know they exist and search them out. Anyway, it will probably take him about 20min and cost you $50-$100 but it'll look great! Generally, you will only see their repairs if you know they were there to begin with, they can even repair plastic and stamp it with the same texture to hide it.
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:02 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Thank you. I just went through that with Audi and BMW when I returned my Audi and purchased a BMW. Brilliant idea! I have the card for the interior guy that BMW uses here.

I was in shock with what the wheel man did to my Audi wheels. They were fantastic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash