Defender Source Forum banner

Dash Lights

Tags
dash ht lights
2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Erimus 1 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what dash (idiot) lights are supposed to illuminate when the key is turned to the first click? More specifically, does the low fuel light illuminate at any time other than when you are low on fuel? Most of the lights come on for a second or two when the key is turned to the "on" position, and that tells me the bulbs are okay. Does anyone else's fuel light come on at start up? I have searched for a list of dash lights that are supposed to blink or illuminate at startup on this site, but haven't found it yet. Maybe we can create that list with this thread.

#5 ·
I was repalcing some lights and noticed it there. I didn't look to see if it was hooked up or not, most of the bulbs twist in and work, so there is no way to tell if it is wired up or not. I have never seen it light up in ten years, that is why I was asking.

Why would they not wire it up? Not that it would work right anyway.

#6 ·
The low fuel light on the NAS is not hooked up. It is wired into the panel and is already "hot". When grounded it comes on. W/ a little handy work making a suitable connector, I use this light for my aux fuel tank transfer pump. When the pump is "on" moving fuel it grounds the circuit and the "gas pump" icon lights up sort of orange. No real purpose other than to let me know the pump s on but it sure looks cool!!!
Jim

#7 ·
Shawn, not sure if you got the answers you were looking for. I have one of those fancy '97's and I looked my dash lights. I get the orange check engine light, then the 3 red lights oil, battery and something else that I can't remember right now but its definitely not the low fuel light. Hope that helps.

#8 ·
When I turn the key to the first click I get the following:
1. Oil
2. Battery
3. Brake
4. seatbelt
5. service engine
6. trans temp or gear temp
7. check engine

A couple of them go away after a few seconds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.