Dash install of radio - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:04 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Wink Dash install of radio

Just finished my search of the help area and I see Dave at javelin....whatever spent 4+ hrs on the install but no pix of it. Anyone got a dash mount set up? I'd love to see a few pixs and a "look out for this pit fall" list of things. RN is selling the plastic dash insert that makes it look an easy thing to do. I assume it screws to the existing plastic area though spaced around the driver front vent I do not get... hey a pix would help here!

Oh, and again, this really is a cool site to be on. The search functions are A+ and I use it to bust on the internet vendors I have to deal with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2004, 10:06 PM
javelinadave
-
-

I did not take any pictures while I was moving the radio, sorry. A 94 should be a lot easier than a 97. I had to move some electronics before I could even start moving the radio. Then had to cut and splice new wires from the origional location and run the wires to the new location. I also had to pull of the entire center tranny cover to route the wires. Any year other than a 97 should be a lot easier. I hope that helps.....
Old December 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Oh my god.
I keep seeing really cool dash set ups in the LR mag.s and want something.
As my antena is for shite right now, I think I'll do this and then figure it out.
I drove for 4 months without a radio so...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

How do people finish the install of the dash radio housing? I just got mine and it is, well, just a piece of plastic. Drill and tap hols on the bottom, but how to secure the top? the sides - are they left bare? The seam would be kindof ugly. And.. shouldn't there be some protection for the radio from the vent openings? Those things always leak some water & electronics aren't big fans of getting wet...

Pics would be great if anyone has them!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash, radio