DAP/Atlantic British Stainless Y-Pipe with Cats - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 27th, 2005, 10:14 PM
jam90
JAMES MARKS
1995 D90 NAS ST #2043

DAP/Atlantic British Stainless Y-Pipe with Cats

I recently bought a 1995 D90 that needs new catalytic converters... (no material inside anymore)...
I'd go without but I need to smog the car here in California.
I'm thinking of just replacing the whole Y-Pipe with the stainless steel assemblies from either
DAP or Atlantic British (cost wise - the whole assembly is not that much more money than having replacement cats welded onto my existing OEM steel Y-Pipe.)
Have any of you California folk bought these Y-Pipes... and if so... did the car pass emissions here?
I just want to make sure that these aftermarket cats conform to the tough California standards
(or at least conform to the OEM Cat standards.)

-James Marks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I am considering that choice, since I have the same problem to contend with, but haven't actually made a selection yet.

I am hoping to hear something soon from ECR about their new 3" exhaust with metal core cats, but I don't know if they would be california legal or not. I also recently discovered some guy selling OEM type regular steel Y-pipes with cats on e-bay for only $400 + shipping. I might go with this option, only because of the significant price difference.

on a '95... does it have a pair of O2 sensors? or 4?

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old June 27th, 2005, 11:06 PM
jam90
JAMES MARKS
1995 D90 NAS ST #2043

1994 and 1995 Defenders with the 3.9 engine use (2) O2 sensors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2005, 12:34 AM
dameek
Dennis Meek
95 D90 #2826 Bought New

I installed the Y-Pipe with the stainless steel assemblies on my 95 D90 a little over a year ago. We also must pass an emissions test up here in Washington State and they passed flawlessly. I replaced the original y-pipe due to the original y-pipe broke off at the manifold flange. I like the new set-up because it is so light.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions