Damaged A/C line for probe that goes to evaporator - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM
mattb
Matt
94 D-90 No. 44

Damaged A/C line for probe that goes to evaporator

Hi Everyone,

I have a 94 NAS D90 and there is an A/C line that runs from the A/C switch on my dash, behind the plastic fascia, and down to the evaporator unit. This line is damaged/broken open. Apparently from my research this line is a probe that checks temperature and controls the cycling of the compressor.

Is there any way to fix this line? It appears to be a soft metal, like copper but it is very thin. I have plenty of it to work with but I am not sure if it is something that can just be spliced back together.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb
Hi Everyone,

I have a ’94 NAS D90 and there is an A/C line that runs from the A/C switch on my dash, behind the plastic fascia, and down to the evaporator unit. This line is damaged/broken open. Apparently from my research this line is a probe that checks temperature and controls the cycling of the compressor.

Is there any way to fix this line? It appears to be a soft metal, like copper but it is very thin. I have plenty of it to work with but I am not sure if it is something that can just be spliced back together.

Any help is appreciated.
Buy a new one ... http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/ac/...rmostat-93.php
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
mattb
Matt
94 D-90 No. 44

awesome! Thanks Jason. While I am at it, do you know how the probe is attached to the evaporator? I haven't looked at it closely yet but it just seems to run into the fins without any obvious connection point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM
mattb
Matt
94 D-90 No. 44

I just took a closer look at the evaporator and the "capillary probe" just inserts into the evaporator. So hooking up the new switch should be pretty easy, with the exception of removing the dash!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
damage