Dallas Parts Distributer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM
RickM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST

Dallas Parts Distributer

Hope you all are good. I am new to the DIY movement and am starting to have a lot of fun working on my own truck. Do any of you have a parts distributer in the Dallas area that you would recommend. I am sure I could contact Land Rover of Dallas but I am also convinced I will probably be overpaying. I priced an ignition switch from LR of D and it was twice what british atlantic was charging. I also am afraid to go to Autozone and hope that the recommended parts will really work?

I appreciate any help in advance.

Rick Mabus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Either Rovers Down South (New Orleans) or North Texas Rovers (Dallas - 972-869-4881) Compare multiple sources - eventually you will figure out who can get parts for you same day - next day - etc and who will consistantly come out with a reasonable price with the least hassle.
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Many good distributors out there but George at Rovers Down South has got to be one of the best if not the best. Not only does he have everything but he remembers you every time you call. The dude is GOLD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:22 PM
texmoto
david summers
99 Discovery II

Many after market replacement parts are made by World Pac. This is what many venders sell. The bad news, is that you have to go through authorized vendor. The good news is that your local Car Quest store is an authorized vendor and can order anything you need. Typically, their markup is lower than most Rover vendors.
David
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:32 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmccallum
Many good distributors out there but George at Rovers Down South has got to be one of the best if not the best. Not only does he have everything but he remembers you every time you call. The dude is GOLD.

just watch out that he doesn't sell you Russian tractor parts!
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

George is insane.

I like him but find him to be a peculiar individual. I think he quotes prices off the top of his head. I ask him for prices and one will be twice as much as everyone else and the next price is half as much as everyone else.

One day UPS brings a package to my house from RDS. I didn't order anything from George. I call him up and tell him that he has sent someones order to the wrong address, perhaps a typo or something. He curses at me loudly on the phone, yelling and getting his blood pressure up.

I offer to send the package directly to the intended buyer to save time and expense, instead of sending it back down south and then back to wherever it is supposed to be.

You would think I had killed his mother or something. More turrets syndrome and finally he calms down and I get the address and he thanks me for forwarding the package to the correct place.

George, glad your around but keep taking your meds dude.
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
George is insane.

I like him but find him to be a peculiar individual. I think he quotes prices off the top of his head. I ask him for prices and one will be twice as much as everyone else and the next price is half as much as everyone else.

One day UPS brings a package to my house from RDS. I didn't order anything from George. I call him up and tell him that he has sent someones order to the wrong address, perhaps a typo or something. He curses at me loudly on the phone, yelling and getting his blood pressure up.

I offer to send the package directly to the intended buyer to save time and expense, instead of sending it back down south and then back to wherever it is supposed to be.

You would think I had killed his mother or something. More turrets syndrome and finally he calms down and I get the address and he thanks me for forwarding the package to the correct place.

George, glad your around but keep taking your meds dude.

Maybe you just don't understand his New Orleans accent or the sense or humor.
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

I was born in New Orleans.
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
I was born in New Orleans.

Me too, West BAnk.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part, parts