D90 Window Leak Solution Buy New Window Assy? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 31st, 2014, 10:03 AM
Dragon Breath
Jay
Blank

D90 Window Leak Solution Buy New Window Assy?

I know this is a somewhat common problem, but the windows on my ST leak right through the hole for my new stainless posts and straight down to where I have my quick release nuts installed. I had it in my local LR shop who routinely work on about a dozen Defenders in the area and they ended up calling ECR and Rovers North to get their thoughts on how to resolve. I'm told they both said the best sure fire fix is to purchase a new window assembly -- that's $499 a piece (a lot of $, but if it will definitely fix it I would seriously consider going that route).

http://www.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PLC835

Thoughts on whether that really sounds like a sure fire fix for that water ingress problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2014, 10:10 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Post pictures of your doors. The rubber seal between the door tops and door bottoms may be upside down or inside out.

Search and read.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29716
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:15 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
The Rocky Mountain ones are half that. I don't know if they work with your top but they should. http://parabolicsprings.com/products.html

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2014, 10:52 AM
Dragon Breath
Jay
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Post pictures of your doors. The rubber seal between the door tops and door bottoms may be upside down or inside out.

Search and read.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29716

Yes, thanks I read that thread a few days ago and considered trying all the tricks but I already had it in the shop for steering issue and asked them to look at it. They said they called the folks at ECR and Rovers North and were advised these things may / may not work but that replacing with new should be a definite way of fixing the prob. I'll take some photos and post.

I hadn't looked at the Rock Mtn. -- anyone have experience with these door tops and whether they do the trick? Certainly cheaper (although I'm not sure what cost would be added for painting black). [I have a Badger II FDS top.]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, window