D90 Station wagon Door Pannel/Latch parts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
arbik
Arbi Karapetian
1995 D-90 SW #163/500

D90 Station wagon Door Pannel/Latch parts

So my driver side door gets alot more use than the passenger side, and the plastic pieces are falling apart.
The door pannel has a tear in it where the interior door lock stem is, and the plastic parts of the interior door lock stem have broken in multiple pieces.

Aside from that, the latch doesnt hold. When I close the door, it coloses completely, then in a few minutes of driving, pops out to the half-latched position.

Where can I obtain these parts from, to repair the door?
I have lived with it broken for a few years now, but its starting to interfere with funcationality now, which is why I'd like to repair at least the lock stem surround pieces.

I'd appreciate a pointer to a supplier, etc.

Cheers!!

-arbi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
outfield
Steve
1995 D-90 SW #351

Registry
Hi Arbi,

I just ordered the plastic piece that holds the door lock stem in place from Rovers North. Give them a try on the other parts too.
Old January 16th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbik

Aside from that, the latch doesnt hold. When I close the door, it coloses completely, then in a few minutes of driving, pops out to the half-latched position.

-arbi
Try adjusting the striker pin location a touch closer to the outside of the truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, door, part, parts