D90 soft top for pattern - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
D90 soft top for pattern

Im looking to have a soft top custom made for a 110 project im working on. If anyone has an old beat up d90 soft top they are going to throw away, i'd be interested in using it for a pattern.

Ill pay for shipping and a small fee to get it off your hands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM
97-D90-736
Nick Vogel
1997 D-90 / 2012 LR4

I've got one. Send me an email to nicklvogel AT gmail dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
Im looking to have a soft top custom made for a 110 project im working on. If anyone has an old beat up d90 soft top they are going to throw away, i'd be interested in using it for a pattern.

Ill pay for shipping and a small fee to get it off your hands.
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:09 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Are you using the NAS cage? If so, Chris at badger made them for the ECR beach runners until ECR went inhouse with it (I think).
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
With the size of a 110, you'll want a Gutter Kit fitted to your truck as well. Badger has done the kits for a few 110s and may be able to help you there. It'll provide the extra rigidity and strength you'll need/want with the extra size of a 110 vs a 90, plus they close up any gaps a little better. The only thing I'd say to add to the traditional top for a gutter kit, would be to have extra Velcro straps sewn into the top to go through not only the horizontal section of the GK (which is traditionally done) as well as the vertical portion (which is often lacking); this will really help to secure and seal the top against the truck.

I have an example in another thread I'll see if I can dig up for you.
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
I would like to use a modified NAS cage if I could find one. I bid $8,300 for a salvage D90 ST on eBay. It went for $9,000 so I dont have one. I did hear back from Frog... but they custom make their cage and top fitted to each job.

this photo is from Frog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00467-60.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	58723   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00475-60.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	58724  

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:44 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Yeah, they utilize a gutter kit as well - you can see it above the front and 2nd row doors, and then behind the 2nd row doors you can see the vertical portion of the gutter kit I'm talking about - you'll want to have Velcro or some other sort of strap sewn into your top that can go through that vertical portion, then on back, to secure it against the door. It won't fly away without them, but *more* water and air will get in without them fitted.

That Frog Island 110 looks awesome - I do recall them saying something like that to me when I asked them about that, but I had replied that the tops shouldn't need to be custom fit if the cages they make could be standardized. No reply from that one.

------ Follow up post added October 8th, 2012 03:45 PM ------

Here are the pics for securing the top to the vertical portion of the GK I was talking about.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...6&postcount=49
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:40 PM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
Joshua,

First of all, THANKS for all you help.

I talked to Chris at Badger. He was very helpful. He sent me some photos of a job he did on a NAS 110 with no cage at all .

I dont see myself driving W/O a cage for safety reasons. I may start with the top and the hoop set then fit the cage after.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, soft top, top