D90 Seat Covers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:20 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

D90 Seat Covers

Anyone use Wet Okoly or Badger seat covers? I was curious to see what the pros and cons of these two seat covers were. I already have the "Waterproof" OEM seat covers and so far I'm not impressed. Thanks.

DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2004, 08:21 AM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

I just got the Wet Okole Seat covers about two weeks ago. I am very happy with them. Although they took three weeks to recieve, i understand why after putting them on. The fit is awesome and the added padding really makes a difference, much more comfortable. I have been meaning to take some pictures but have not gotten around to it.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:02 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
I have Badger and I love them. Fit great and look nice too. I don't think there is really any extra comfort and I don't think the are really 100% waterproff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Got the badgers and am 100 percent happy with them. Unlike the OEM or Okole, they are a nice 3 peice design. YOu have separate covers for the bottom, back and headrest. Each peice is easily adjusted to take up play and give a nice taut factory appearance. They are made with nice material and the stitiching is hand done by Chris. Very Nice. On a final note, you can custom design the Badger to any color you can think of if you can convince Chris to do it.

It's all about hand made East Coast craftsmanship.

EwS
Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

I just wanted to say that the Okole covers are also 3 pieces and fully adjustable. The fit is very snug. As far as the stiching on them, i dont know alot about stitching, but it seems very strong and well done (I even have piping on mine). Okole will send you color swatches and they have most colors to match a rover. My 90 is AA yellow, and although the okole covers are not an exact color match, they still look great.

Oh yeah, not to take anything away from Badger. I have their bikini, drop curtain, taunneau cover, and soft windows and love them.

just saw your post, i dont know about the rear bench. However if you sent them pics and measurement they may be able to do it. Call and ask, their help was amazing
Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Andy

Are the Okole's two piece or one & do they make a cover for the rear bench? Thanks.

If any of you have some handy a couple of pictures would be great. Thanks for the input guys!

DJ
Old July 24th, 2004, 10:45 AM
COSteve
Steven Reed
93 Defender 110 - #107

DJ, Just a thought on the OEM "100% waterproof" covers, The reason mine looked so sloppy was the flimsy plastic pipe that fit between the seat and the back crushes flat over time and does not stay put.
I replaced the origional pipes with PVC and now the seats stay taunt. Also pulled the flat elastic cord and replaced with 5 feet (per seat) of 1/4" elastic bungie cord. Better than ever! COSteve
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:56 PM
jstrong98
Jon Strong

Smile

My dad's an upholsterer and he's gonna make up new seat bottoms for me in the next few weeks, I'll get pics of the process. Going to remove the old seat foam, and replace with new thicker/ denser foam to build the seat up a little. Going to make new seat contours also. Found some good waxed canvas to make the actual covers.

Not sure if he's up to "mass production" but I could probably get him to make a few more after we see how much time and materials go into the job.
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

That sounds Cool! be sure to post pics when done!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, cover, d90