D90 randomly stalls when placed to neutral - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
D90 randomly stalls when placed to neutral

After my D90 gets warmed up, it sometimes stalls when I am coming to a stop and have placed the vehicle into neutral. Other than that the motor seems fine. Any ideas?

Old May 9th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Jim Ngo
1994 D90 #80
Does it stall suddenly, or does the idle drop so low that it stalls? If it's the former, then it may be an ignition or fuel problem. If it's the latter, reset the base idle then check/clean the stepper motor as a start.

Old May 9th, 2007, 08:03 AM
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
That used to happen to me in my Disco I. What I found was that there is a little bypass channel at the start of the intake, right underneath that idle allen screw that you aren't supposed to touch, that get's clogged after a while. you can see it by taking off the hose section between the MAF and the intake, and looking into the chamber where the throttle plate is. When the throttle plate is fully closed (at idle) that little bypass allows enough air to get in to maintain idle. when it gets' clogged, no air.

get some carb cleaner, stick the straw on it, and shoot it in there, and watch the gunk come out. Also, as Jim mentioned, clean off that stepper motor, because it is surely gunked to, and that little chamber leads to the stepper.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, ac, d90