D90 NAS crossmember - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 9th, 2015, 08:36 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

D90 NAS crossmember

Yes, I researched the forum, then Google. But the more I research the more questions I have.

I have a 94 NAS d90 soft top. Needing crossmember work. A buddy says we can patch weld it, but I'm thinking about swapping it out.

I'm finding different products available. Some with deeper sleeves to slide over the originals. Most if not everything I found state "NOT NAS". Something to do with reusing the tank cradle. Is that a big deal?

Also any tips on building a jig? Plywood jig off the original dimensions. What points of reference do you recommend? Stupid questions? Sorry!!!

Anyone know of a step by step guide that I can reference?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
You can modify a non NAS to work with it. We only sell the full quarter chassis for NAS now because of the cradle issues.

What I'd do personally is what Michele and Brandon have done, redesign it completely(if you have the time)
Old July 9th, 2015, 08:56 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
You can modify a non NAS to work with it. We only sell the full quarter chassis for NAS now because of the cradle issues.

What I'd do personally is what Michele and Brandon have done, redesign it completely(if you have the time)

Excellent. Ok now, what does all of that mean? Haha. Seriously, who are Michele and Brandon? Any links that I can check out? Redesign what? Anything available retail that I can buy? My welding skills involve buying dinner and beer for my best friend to do it for me.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...on-63351.html#

Brandon has photos somewhere, he's user BRAB on here
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

If your going to do it buy the quarter chassis and cut it up, don't try to make an ROW fit. No offense Zack but the ROW has a bunch of holes that the NAS doesn't have and takes twice as long to modify and cut to make fit. Easiest and best way is to cut just in front of the fuel tank cradle (don't forget the wiring harness is in there) and replace the entire section. Just my two cents from someone who has done a half a dozen over the past six months.
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
You're not offending me, I would never suggest someone use the UK/ROW style instead of buying a NAS. Some people just don't want to spend the $$ on the proper setup.
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:06 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Good stuff. Any suggestions on drafting up a jig?
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:19 AM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

rovers north sells the NAS rear cross member with the cradle..
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron View Post
rovers north sells the NAS rear cross member with the cradle..
Indeed...feel free to PM me for a price. Shipping is definitely pricey because of its size it has to go truck.
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:43 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Thanks Zack. Pm'ing you now.
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
You're not offending me, I would never suggest someone use the UK/ROW style instead of buying a NAS. Some people just don't want to spend the $$ on the proper setup.
Anyone who owns a NAS and is worried about a saving few hundred bucks to do a job the wrong way that will ultimately devalue their truck is an idiot in my opinion. And I would never lead someone to believe that it is a viable solution, bc then I look like an ass when they have to spend 20 hours to do an install. Just my opinion, can you make it fit? Sure, but I can make anything work/fit with enough time, that still doesn't make it right...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, nas