d90/d110 Resto Shops in South Florida need recommendations...!!! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
bjlover
Andy
P38

d90/d110 Resto Shops in South Florida need recommendations...!!!

Anyone have any experience with restoration shops in Florida or specifically South Florida? If I find a good shop I would feel more comfortable buying an older d90/d110. I would like to eventually do a frameoff restoration of body/engine/chassis. Thanks a bunch guys. btw, i searched before I posted but found results for mechanics only. If some of these mechanics can do this too then great! Just let me know!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here, but to answer your question, here's a suggestion...plus he's a board member.

http://www.safarihp.com/restoration-information.html
Old September 21st, 2011, 09:57 PM
JJB622
Jimmy Baker
1997 BRG D90

"British four wheel drive co. in pompano beach FL

470 S. DIXIE HWY W.
POMPANO BEACH FL 33060
954 876 1463

Call & ask for norman or just drop by to meet us"

These guys used to be the service arm of BritRover.com. They always were doing overhauls there. I believe Stephen is in Orlando so this would be a competent local place to take your 90/110. Hopefully one of the FL guys on here has some reviews also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
cheers
norman geary
none

www.brit4wd.com
Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Epsom_D2
Sean-Paul Ferrera
1994 D90 POE

Registry
As a customer of both British Four Wheel Drive Co. and Safari Heritage parts (previously Safari Rover) I can only say good things about both shops.

Norman at British Four Wheel Company is great to work with. He is a great mechanic and they have what it takes to complete a full restoration or just minor repair. The last time my 90 was in the shop he rebuilt the entire LT230 case using 2002 Discovery parts as the original had an oiling issue and chewed itself up. All work is top notch with lots of attention to detail and fair pricing. I recommend them without hesitation for work small to large. www.brit4wd.com

Stephen at Safari Heritage Parts (Safari Rover) actually built my 90 from the ground up and I don't hesitate to give my recommendation to use him either as the quality is also A+ and the same goes for fairness in pricing. I cannot thank Stephen enough times for building the 90 that I always dreamed of. www.safarihp.com

From experience, if you set a budget of $15,000 for your project expect to go over by 20% due to incidentals and all of the things you will find in a 20 year old vehicle that need replacement and repair. My budget and actual bill were well beyond that number due to 300tdi swap, frame swap, toy axle conversion, etc. Best of luck.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB622 View Post
"British four wheel drive co. in pompano beach FL

470 S. DIXIE HWY W.
POMPANO BEACH FL 33060
954 876 1463

Call & ask for norman or just drop by to meet us"

These guys used to be the service arm of BritRover.com. They always were doing overhauls there. I believe Stephen is in Orlando so this would be a competent local place to take your 90/110. Hopefully one of the FL guys on here has some reviews also.
Took the words out from my mouth, I had the pleasure of working with Norm at Land Rover Fort Lauderdale 01- 06. He was the store's Shop Foreman from 96-06. Norm and his side kick Jim now handle anything that is thrown at them. They did the restoration of a NAS 110 for a client of mine a few years back. The customer likes them and the work they do so much he ships his 110 from Colorado to Pompano to have additional work done.

M
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodgorski View Post
Took the words out from my mouth, I had the pleasure of working with Norm at Land Rover Fort Lauderdale 01- 06. He was the store's Shop Foreman from 96-06. Norm and his side kick Jim now handle anything that is thrown at them. They did the restoration of a NAS 110 for a client of mine a few years back. The customer likes them and the work they do so much he ships his 110 from Colorado to Pompano to have additional work done.

M
Was that the ECR pre-checklist truck?
Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who is unable to log onto the boards right now:

I'm a long-time customer of a LR tech shop in South Florida, in Pompano Beach, where the lead technician is Norman Geary. Norm prepped a Defender 110 for me that I drove 5000 miles from South Florida into the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico, and back. No issues at all. He then worked on my NAS D110 #446, that I currently own, which I drove across country from South Florida to Silicon Valley. ZeroPointZero issues. Finally, Norm is one of the few people I would trust to work on my 1993 Camel Trophy D110. He is “the” go to guy down in South Florida. Anything from casual maintenance work, to full body-off restorations. I can't speak of of Norm highly enough. No one could be disappointed with his work.

Anil

Thanks
Dendy
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
bjlover
Andy
P38

@Dendy... Where is Norm working? What is the name of his shop? Btw dont hesistate to post pics of the trucks for reference
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlover View Post
@Dendy... Where is Norm working? What is the name of his shop?
British Four Wheel Drive as referenced multiple times
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
bjlover
Andy
P38

@rijosho... You should go to law school... j/k... I saw the post on my email and replied without seeing the eariler responses referencing Norm. Thanks to all though ... very helpful... Sounds like Norm is the guy... Now I just have to make sure he knows my pockets are not very deep!
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:01 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Norm and I go back to 1998. Honest, super-knowledgeable, and will work reasonably.

Oh, and he likes beer...hint...hint.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, 90, d110, d90