Defender Source Forum banner

D90 1995 base vapor separator

Tags
1995 90 95 d90
4K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Chip 
#1 ·
anyone know if # 3 in this diagram is still available for '95 NAS? Defender 90 Land Rover 1997 Base Vapor separator | Part Number ESR2691

my valve isn't operating correctly: it allows flow in both directions. I think explains why the truck's exhaust smells like it's running rich. not sure if I can just replace the valve because, I don't know what the flow rate is.

#2 ·
sure is, its between $208 to $245 state side. Google is your frend

#9 ·
I didnt say they are i stock but there lots of factors that list it. Its not like they are a service item. If anybody Rimmer Bros has one?

Separator Assy - Fuel Vapour - Genuine Land Rover at www.rimmerbros.co.uk
https://www.lrdirect.com/ESR2691-Separator-Fuel-Vapour/
VAPOR SEPARATOR | Genuine Land-Rover | ESR2691
Land Rover Defender 90 (1994-1997). #ESR2691: SEPARATOR - FUEL

1997 MITSUBISHI MONTERO Emission Components Parts - This Is Not A Real Site | 100628-1440.nexpartb2c.com

there must be another vehicle that uses the same or nearly?

I pulled out of my D1 that looks the same?

#20 · (Edited)
I found this thread when researching the evap parts of the fuel system needed to do an overhaul of the system. It looks like the roll-over vent valves on top of the tank are the same as a Jeep, Dodge, etc. (I haven't bought one yet to confirm). The part number for the valve is 5360058 (or Dorman 911-060) and the grommet is 52018823.

It looks like the vapor separator can be fixed up by replacing the pressure relief valves, which according to the workshop manual open between 5 and 7 Kpa, 0.7 and 1.0 psi. With some research I'm sure we can find a suitable replacement.

Maybe one of these will work. They have a cracking pressure of 0.5 psi.

Check Valves | U.S. Plastic Corp.

It looks like the Toyota FJ40 has a very similar fuel vapor separator so the system used on our Defenders is very archaic. The Toyota pressure relief valve is part number 90917-10020. (pix in this thread)

#21 ·
Oh, here we go. I didn't look hard enough. The pressure relief valve is LR part # NTC7567. It looks like it is also included on the vapor separator to atmosphere tube for the Disco 1: NTC7493. It looks like some of those Disco 1 parts are being made again under the new Classic parts division.

#25 ·
Wonder if there was a solution here - mine is cracked and it seems completely unavailable anywhere...
ESR2691 - UNOBTANIUM

#26 ·
Wonder if there was a solution here - mine is cracked and it seems completely unavailable anywhere...
ESR2691 - UNOBTANIUM
Absolutely. You can carefully cut one off an early Disco 1 filler neck. That's what I did. Then I got a piece of black solid plastic rod. I think 3/4" diameter. Cut off a couple pieces, drilled a hole in them for the screw and epoxied them to it using the original as a reference. After it's installed it looks identical to the original.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.